All claims under this plan are subject to a 30-day survival period following the covered condition’s diagnosis.
A death that occurs during this time will not result in payable benefits.
Benefits will not be paid for insured conditions or additional benefit conditions caused either directly or indirectly by any of the following:
• Suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane;
• Declared or undeclared war, or any act of war, terrorism, riot or insurrection, or service in the armed forces of
any country, government or international organization;
• For injury or sickness, other than one of the insured conditions or additional benefit conditions, even if such
injury or sickness may have been complicated by the insured condition or an additional benefit condition;
• A complication of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection or any variance thereof including AIDS
and AIDS-related complex;
• Committing or attempting to commit a criminal offence, or while in prison; or
• The misuse of medication, or the abuse of drugs or intoxicants, or from having a blood alcohol level of 80
milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood.
Payable benefits are only valid for the first time in the client’s lifetime that he or she is diagnosed with an insured condition within the effective date of the policy. No benefits shall be paid for any insured condition that precedes the effective date of this policy.
Benefits will not be paid for any benefit amount for insured conditions or additional benefit conditions caused by or indirectly caused by or resulting from a pre-existing condition within the first two years of coverage.
No benefits will be paid in any kind for cancer, early-stage prostate cancer or treatment of DCIS for 90 days from the effective date of the policy or the date of reinstatement, whichever is sooner.